At various times of the year Christians and Jews celebrate the annual feasts that were appointed by God as Holy Days. Some of those holidays are:
Pesach (The Passover) This is the foundational feast.
Unleavened Bread. This feast was to last for 7 days.
Shavuot (Pentecost or Feast of Weeks)
Rosh HaShanah (Feast of Trumpets) – Head of the Year / New Year
Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement)
Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles)
While this practice is debated in some Christian circles in regards to if celebrating these days are necessary or not – this is not the focus of this article/ blog post. A few weeks ago Rosh HaShanah was celebrated and an abundance of prophetic insights regarding the new year 5783 (according to the Jewish Calendar). I am not proclaiming this to be similar to that, just sharing the observation of a trend that may be forming and to pray for the momentum to accelerate in this season. Lately, especially since Rosh HaShanah there have been news stories about people who were abused escaping their abusers, and people narrowly escaping other circumstances like accidents, violent attacks, etc. Could it be that God is up to something? That this is the BREAKTHROUGH that many people around the world need? In my previous blog post, I exhorted everyone to be more aware of their surroundings and to be sensitive to the needs of others that need help or assistance. Could it be that we are called to be BREAKERS in this season?
There are already Heavenly Forces that are appointed to be Breakers, and they assist us when we pray, declare, and decree the will of God to manifest in the earth. Even with all of Heaven in place and ready to assist, God still needs agents in the earth realm to co-labor or work alongside Him in breaking the influence of the evil one. I believe that this is a season for deliverance. The God that delivered the descendants of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob is still able to deliver His people from the grip of modern day Pharaohs. Whether it is people that need to be physically freed from the abductors, abusers, or violent/sexual attacks, or people that need to be freed from mental/emotional abuse, financial abuse, or spiritual strongholds that are keeping them chained in bondage – they all need deliverance! They all need the God of the Breakthrough to see about them.
1 Samuel 19:11-12 (AMP)
11 Then Saul sent messengers to David’s house to watch for him, so that he might kill him in the morning. But Michal, David’s wife, told him, “If you do not save your life tonight, tomorrow you will be killed.” 12 So Michal let David down through the window, and he fled and escaped.
While it would be a bit of a stretch to call Michal a Breaker, she definitely assisted David in his hour of need. If not for her insisting that he leave, we may have never heard of the great King David. So many biblical accounts are like this – Moses being saved from Pharaoh’s mass killing of babies, Rahab assisting the Israelite spies escape, and even Lot’s family’s escape from Sodom and Gomorrah, all show people (and Divine Messengers) assisting people to escape perilous situations so that the will of God could come to pass. How many lives are waiting in the balance that we are supposed to be assisting? How many children, teens, and adults are being cut off prematurely because no one is interceding for them or willing to assist? This does not have to be this way, it does not take a move of Congress to be positioned to work along with God in the season of Breakthrough. All we have to do is agree to spend some time in prayer, keep some helpful items on hand, and make our minds up that we will not “drop the ball” if a situation arises where we can be of assistance to someone in need. We do not need to go looking for trouble – unfortunately trouble is already here, but it does not have to win!
I want to specifically speak to those who are called to pray and intercede. Please do not omit this from your prayer list. Please find some time to pray for your household, community, and scope of influence. Someone’s life may depend on it, someone’s freedom and safety depends on it. I am not asking you to interfere or put yourself in harm’s way, or to be meddling or nosy in the personal affairs of others either. But when you notice something that seems “off” , pray. When you get a prompting in your spirit – seek the Lord. When you have the opportunity, decree safety, protection, and deliverance over your sphere of influence.
If you are like me, you are saddened and upset when you hear stories about the lives that were taken or destroyed by abusers, people angered in a moment of rage, or reckless endangerment. Let’s not just pray for the victims of abuse and attacks – Let’s agree to pray for the deliverance of those whom the enemy is using to do his bidding. Let’s pray for those who delight in torturing, attacking, and abusing those in their care or who they have access to. Let’s agree to pray for divine intervention for those who would take lives while throwing their own life away because of the pain and anger in their hearts to be delivered mightily in this season. Can we agree that there will be no more mass shootings, suicide packs, gang rapes, gang wars, petty retaliations, or reckless choices that take out our present and future generations in the name of Jesus.
If you want to be a person that is ready to assist those in need who are escaping in this season, consider keeping these items on hand in your home and vehicle:
- Blankets, sheets, and spare clothing/shoes to cover those who are fleeing without proper clothing.
- Toiletries, toilet paper, tissue, hygiene products, wipes, combs / brushes, etc.
- Portioned and prepped meals and water to provide immediate sustenance to those who arrive hungry. Healthy snacks like granola bars or trail mix can be kept in a vehicle.
- First Aid kit with antiseptic and other wound cleaning materials
- Access to a phone to call for help
- Seek the Lord for any other items that you may need to prepare to assist those in need.
- It goes without saying that we should always be ready to give encouragement, empathy, and support to those in need.
There are people that God is specifically raising up to go into dangerous places to physically bring people out. Let’s agree to pray for God’s protection, grace, and provision be with them to assist them on their missions. Some professions send people in to dangerous places / situations as well, so let’s also lift up Rescue teams, EMT’s and Ambulance workers, Emergency Room staff, Law Enforcement, Fire Fighters, Social Workers, Street ministries, Border Enforcement / Refugee relief efforts, and front lines workers who deal with the public.
I do believe that this is the season for Breakthrough, however I am not content to just receive a breakthrough for myself. I commit to be a Breaker – a person who will co-labor with God for others to also get their breakthrough. We can make a difference just by praying, being sensitive to the needs of others, and being willing to assist. Many of the stories that I read mention that neighbors to the person(s) escaping did not always respond or immediately open their doors. It’s easy to pass judgment on people who could have assisted the people who had been subjected to such abuse and torment. However these neighbors that did not respond, are just people who had not already decided to assist a person in need when they show up. The matter of whether or not to help a person who looks desperate and unclothed had not been settled for them, so they did nothing to help. You and I do not have to be like those unresponsive neighbors, we can be ready and able to assist, if that need ever arises.
Maybe it is not someone else, but it is you that needs a way of escape. I can not pretend to know what you are going through, however I can tell you that someone is praying for you and expecting your deliverance to come soon. We are praying that whatever trouble that you are in is now over and you will find your way out. Be strong and if you have no strength left, lean on the Lord for strength. Help is on the way for this is your season of escape, deliverance, and breakthrough! Call on the name of Jesus, even if you have to whisper – He hears you and will respond. Do what you can do to escape – if you are afraid – do it afraid. Let the Holy Spirit lead you out in Jesus name!
Maybe a wrong choice or an impaired decision has led you or someone you love to be in some type of bondage. Just know that you can repent- you can decide to change your direction and put aside whatever is pulling you away from what is good and what is right. Ask God to forgive you and ask His Holy Spirit to fill you, so that you can have the power to overcome the bad situation that you are in. Ask other Christians to walk with you, and if you can not find anyone to walk with – ask Jesus to walk with you.
2 Corinthians 3:15-18 (KJV)
15 But to this day whenever Moses is read, a veil [of blindness] lies over their heart; 16 but whenever a person turns [in repentance and faith] to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty [emancipation from bondage, true freedom]. 18 And we all, with unveiled face, continually seeing as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are progressively being transformed into His image from [one degree of] glory to [even more] glory, which comes from the Lord, [who is] the Spirit.
- Murder Amongst FriendsProverbs 11:9 (ASV) With his mouth the godless man destroyeth his neighbor; But through knowledge shall the righteous be delivered. I just have to confess this: I have been a witness to murder and murder has been committed against my name…Truth is most of us witness and participate in activities that lead to murder daily … Continue reading “Murder Amongst Friends”
- Christians with Christian Enemies – What’s Up With That?As Christians we are constantly reminded about the role of the evil one against us in our quest to build and expand the Kingdom of God in the earth realm. We have catch phrases that signal to other discerning Christians when we believe that the enemy of our souls is at work in a situation. … Continue reading “Christians with Christian Enemies – What’s Up With That?”
- Loving God and People: Exploring Perception and BiasLoving God and People: Exploring Perception and Bias The heart of Christianity is about revealing the love of the Father to all of His children/ peoples of the world. Through this revealing of love an invitation is delivered to the hearts and souls of those who have received this love to reconnect with God the … Continue reading “Loving God and People: Exploring Perception and Bias”
- The Season of Escape – Breakthrough 5783At various times of the year Christians and Jews celebrate the annual feasts that were appointed by God as Holy Days. Some of those holidays are: Pesach (The Passover) This is the foundational feast. Unleavened Bread. This feast was to last for 7 days. First Fruits. Shavuot (Pentecost or Feast of Weeks) Rosh HaShanah (Feast … Continue reading “The Season of Escape – Breakthrough 5783”
- Do Not Pass Me By – Responding to Silent Cries for HelpIn our present culture the loudest, most abrasive people seem to get the most attention. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, and while that in most cases is true. Another recent phenomenon of refusing the truth by denying and downplaying it also seems to be the way that people in positions of power / authority … Continue reading “Do Not Pass Me By – Responding to Silent Cries for Help”